POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blobbing with isosurfaces (blobbed.jpg 17.5k bu) : Blobbing with isosurfaces (blobbed.jpg 17.5k bu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 11:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Blobbing with isosurfaces (blobbed.jpg 17.5k bu)
From: SamuelT
Date: 26 Jan 2000 22:31:59
Message: <388FBE50.66AF0DD7@aol.com>
Hello everybody. I was a bit concerned about how I told everyone a
future isosurface tutorial would show them how to blob functions
together (spheres, cylinders, torii - you name it). I could actually do
it back then, but learned that the method had very inconsistant results.
I was starting to think I might never actually be able to blob stuff
together very good at all. That is, until the other day, when I was
trying some new functions.

Attached is a before and after image of an isosurface. The first
isosurface has 2 cylinders, 1 sphere and 1 torus all merged together.
You can do this with normal pov. The second shows how well my new
blobbing method works. There seems to be very little size-reduction in
the original components, making this method very easy to control. You
can be assured this technique will be making it into a tutorial :)

Any thoughts? Critiques?

--
Samuel Benge

E-Mail: STB### [at] aolcom